Above are seven important tips as a wedding guest. These are good manners and your efforts will definitely be appreciated!
1. Once you receive an invitation, most likely there will be an RSVP card asking if you will attend or not attend. Make sure to send these back to the bride and groom as soon as possible because it makes things a lot easier for them!
2. Most couples will "register" for gifts at a variety of stores. Usually you can see the items they want by visiting their wedding website, checking their invitation, or just asking! You can order these gifts online or in stores to be mailed directly to the couple.
3. If you can't attend the wedding, it's a good idea to still send a gift from their registry.
4. In a lot of cultures, wearing white to a wedding is OK, but it's definitely not a good idea to an American wedding. You don't want to compete with the bride! The color black is acceptable to wear.
5.Never bring extra guests (even your children) if the bride and groom don't know about it! This will be a big frustration for them as they'll have to arrange for extra seats on the day of their wedding.
6. A wedding is a celebration and there will be lots of alcohol. Don't drink too much and embarrass the bride and groom!
7. If you have to, wait until the bride and groom cut the cake before leaving.
Are there different wedding etiquette in your culture that is different from American weddings? Are you allowed to wear white to a wedding in your country?